The current Security Market
- The Korean Security Market reached 37,449 trillion won in 2019, which is a 2.3% rise compared to 2018. The year 2020 will be an even busier year regarding the construction of Smart Cities. Numerous technologies related to security, AI technology and biometrics focusing on facial recognition, will be united in the upcoming future. Moreover, it is predicted that convergence between physical and cyber security will be attained through the advancement of 4th Industrial Revolution constituents such as AI, Deep Learning, Big Data, IoT, and ICT.
- The 52-hour workweek system along with other new systems will enliven the security industry, where a 5.2% rise is foreseen. The estimated market size for 2020 is 39,559 trillion won.
MOLIT (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport) plans to expand the Smart City Software Platform by 2022
- Smart City Integrated Platform is operated by the integrated operation center, where the city’s Enterprise Management System is linked to the integrated software, crime and disaster prevention, traffic, environment, facility management, and safety service with numerous information systems.
- MOLIT plans to build Smart City platforms in 108 local governments. 22 platforms were built in the year 2018, 27 were completed in 2019, and over 30 Smart City platforms are to be constructed this year.
Smart Factories and Security
- Apart from Smart Cities, Smart Factories are also regarded as one of the core foundations of the 4th Industrial Revolution.
, , and are pushing ahead Smart Factory policies. , , and 9 other related government departments, have announced the ‘SME Smart Manufacturing Innovation Strategy’.
Along with 10 leading industrial complexes, 30,000 Smart Factories are to be built by 2022. In addition, 100,000 professional personnel are to receive specific training before starting their work at the many Smart Factories. The government was able to support 7,903 Smart Factories up until 2019 and plans to invest an additional 300 billion won in order to build 4,400 more factories. 6,000 Smart factories are planned to be constructed this year and 6,200 more in 2022.